Custom Ruby on Rails ERP
ERP / CRM tools built with Ruby on Rails
- Fahrner company.
- Based in Niedermodern, France, Fahner manufactures plastic pieces for the industry.
Tasks carried out:
- Needs analysis with the client.
- Understanding of the problems faced by the company: organization of production, difficulties to determine manufacturing delays, poor insight on production status, difficulties to harness data captured by the existing ERP.
- Understanding of the company's technical environment: intranet architecture, servers, existing databases and softwares.
- Validating the conceived solution: intranet web application with data tables, calendars and communication tools.
- Splitting tasks in small sprints in order to have functional software units as soon as possible and gather client's feedback regularly.
- Software development: in collaboration with the client, Ruby on Rails application development.
- Linux Ubuntu server install: Ruby on Rails, PostgreSQL database, git server, Capistrano setup for automated deployment.
- Authorization and authentication: read / write permissions depending on user groups.
- Allow connections to an existing Microsoft SQL Server 2003 remote database hosted in the intranet.
- Calendars to display machines occupancy and to schedule manufacturings.
- Data visualization in filterable and sortable data tables. Data export to pdf and csv formats.
- Performance optimization by setting up various layers of cache.
This application is integrated with the Ruby on Rails CRM.
Custom application development using open-source technologies
Agile project management, iterative delivery, close collaboration with the client